The New York Rangers (24-20-3) host the Tampa Bay Lightning (27-15-4) at Madison Square Garden starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG 2 Radio: The Answer (970 AM)
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist- 15-16-3, 2.68 gaa, .910 sv%, 2 so
Ben Bishop – 22-5-3, 1.86 gaa, .935 sv%, 4 so
- Tampa lost to Columbus by the score of 3-2 last night, but are 4-1-1 on the second night of back-to-backs this year.
- The Lightning have lost three straight at Madison Square Garden.
- Ben Bishop will be back in goal tonight after missing four games with a sprained wrist. In the 11 games prior to the injury, Bishop was 8-0-2 with a 1.54 GAA. Bishop has recorded shutouts in each of his last two meetings with the Rangers and is 4-0-0 with a .970 save percentage in four career appearances against them.
- Martin St. Louis has three goals, two assists in the last four games.
- Valtteri Filppula has 16 points (8g, 8a) in his last 14 games.
- Teddy Purcell has just one goal in the last 11 games, however, he does have nine assists in his last ten games.
- Alex Killorn has five points (2g, 3a) in the last four games.
- Tyler Johnson has points in eight of his last 10 games (4g, 4a).
- Victor Hedman has two goals, two assists in the last five games.
- Steven Stamkos has begun skating but remains out with a broken leg.
- Lighting up Ray Emery is one thing, but tonight should be a much taller (no pun intended) task for the Rangers with the 6' 7" Bishop back in net doing this…
2013-14 Season Series:
Nov. 25 Rangers 0, Lightning 5 at Tampa Bay
Dec. 29 Rangers 4, Lightning 3 at Tampa Bay
Jan. 14 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSG