The New York Rangers host the Los Angeles Kings for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final at Madison Square Garden starting at 8:00 p.m. The Kings lead the series 2-0. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: NBCSN Radio: ESPN Radio (98.7 FM)
Live Stream (Don’t click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist – 12-9, 2.16 gaa, .925 sv%, 1 so
Jonathan Quick – 14-9, 2.80 gaa, .906 sv%, 1 so
– 43 of 48 teams that led 2-0 in the best-of-seven finals have won the Cup.
– The Kings have won three straight in overtime without leading in any before the end, and trailing by two goals in each.
– Los Angeles has been outscored 4-1 in the first period by the Rangers, but the Kings have a 7-2 edge the rest of the way.
– The Kings lost three straight to Anaheim after taking a 2-0 lead in the Western Conference semifinals.
– Anze Kopitar has just one goal in his last 16 games. He’s also won just 25 of 62 faceoffs in the series after winning 54.4% in his first 21 postseason games.
– Marian Gaborik scored his NHL postseason leading 13th goal in Game 2.
– Justin Williams has 16 points (4g, 12a) in the last 12 games.
– Dustin Brown has points in five of the last six games (3g, 4a).
– The Kings are 1-for-8 on the power play this series and have allowed 1 goals in 8 power play opportunities against.
– Wonder if there was any thought of playing Game 3 in the parking lot of Caesars Palace in Las Vegas…
Game 1, Wednesday, June 4, 8pm – Rangers 2, Kings 3, OT
Game 2, Saturday, June 7, 7pm – Rangers 4, Kings 5, 2OT
Game 3, Monday, June 9, 8pm – Rangers vs. Kings – NBCSN
Game 4, Wednesday, June 11, 8pm – Rangers vs. Kings – NBCSN
Game 5, Friday, June 13, 8pm – Rangers @ Kings – NBC *
Game 6, Monday, June 16, 8pm – Rangers vs. Kings – NBC *
Game 7, Wednesday, June 18, 8pm – Rangers @ Kings – NBC *
* = if necessary
The Royal Half