The New York Rangers visit the Los Angeles Kings for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final at the Staples Center starting at 8:00 p.m. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: NBC Radio: ESPN Radio (98.7 FM)
Live Stream (Don’t click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist – 12-8, 2.03 gaa, .928 sv%, 1 so
Jonathan Quick – 12-9, 2.86 gaa, .906 sv%, 1 so
– The Rangers are facing the Kings in the postseason for the first time since 1981. The Rangers are 2-0 all-time against Los Angeles in the playoffs.
– The Kings have played a record 21 playoff games before the finals.
– Anze Kopitar has just one goal in his last 14 games. However, he does have 13 assists in those games and has a 54.4% success rate on faceoffs in the postseason.
– Jeff Carter has points in seven of his last eight games (6g, 7a).
– Marian Gaborik has scored an NHL postseason leading 12 goals this year.
– Justin Williams has 11 points (3g, 8a) in the last ten games.
– Drew Doughty has seven points (3g, 4a) in the last seven games.
– Jarret Stoll has won 57% of his faceoffs this postseason.
– The Kings are 17-for-67 on the power play this postseason and have allowed 15 goals in 80 power play opportunities against.
– The last time the Rangers and Kings met in the postseason, this happened…
Game 1, Wednesday, June 4, 8pm – Rangers @ Kings – NBC
Game 2, Saturday, June 7, 7pm – Rangers @ Kings – NBC
Game 3, Monday, June 9, 8pm – Rangers vs. Kings – NBCSN
Game 4, Wednesday, June 11, 8pm – Rangers vs. Kings – NBCSN
Game 5, Friday, June 13, 8pm – Rangers @ Kings – NBC *
Game 6, Monday, June 16, 8pm – Rangers vs. Kings – NBC *
Game 7, Wednesday, June 18, 8pm – Rangers @ Kings – NBC *
* = if necessary
The Royal Half