The New York Rangers visit the Pittsburgh Penguins for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals at Consol Energy Center starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: NBCS Radio: ESPN Radio (98.7 FM)
Live Stream (Don’t click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist – 4-3, 2.11 gaa, .919 sv%, 0 so
Marc-Andre Fleury – 4-2, 2.81 gaa, .908 sv%, 0 so
- The Penguins are 4-0 all time against the Rangers in the playoffs.
- Sidney Crosby hasn’t scored a goal in his past 10 playoff games.
- The Penguins gave up three short-handed goals against the Blue Jackets in the first round.
- Marc-Andre Fleury is a career 26-14-8 with a 2.69 gaa, .911 sv% and four shutouts against the Rangers.
- Evgeni Malkin recorded his second career playoff hat trick and his first since 2009 Monday in Pittsburgh’s series-clinching victory over Columbus.
- Paul Martin had eights assists (three on the power play) and was a +7 in the first round.
- Brandon Sutter, who had 3g, 2a in the opening round, left the clinching Game 6 with a lower body injury. He’s expected to be back in the lineup tonight.
- In the first four games of the series against Columbus, Kris Letang was pointless with a -3 and took four minor penalties. In Games 5 & 6 he combined to score a goal, was a +1 and only took one minor penalty.
- Matt Niskanen led all Penguin players with six power play points (2g, 4a) in the first round.
- Here’s a little GIF to piss Penguins (and actually Rangers) fans off from the two teams’ 1992 Patrick Division Finals meeting. Absolutely ridiculous that Graves was suspended for four games. The NHL even favored the Penguins back then…
Game 1, Friday, May 2, 7:00 p.m. – Rangers @ Penguins
Game 2, Sunday, May 4, 7:30 p.m. – Rangers @ Penguins
Game 3, Monday, May 5, 7:30 p.m. – Rangers vs. Penguins
Game 4, Wednesday, May 7, 7:30 p.m. – Rangers vs. Penguins
Game 5, Friday, May 9, TBA – Rangers @ Penguins*
Game 6, Sunday, May 11, TBA – Rangers vs. Penguins*
Game 7, Tuesday, May 13, TBA – Rangers @ Penguins*
* = if necessary
The Pens Blog