The New York Rangers visit the Pittsburgh Penguins for Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals at Consol Energy Center starting at 7:30 p.m. The Rangers lead the series 1-0. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: NBCS Radio: ESPN Radio (98.7 FM)
Live Stream (Don’t click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist – 5-3, 2.08 gaa, .923 sv%, 0 so
Marc-Andre Fleury – 4-3, 2.82 gaa, .906 sv%, 0 so
- Sidney Crosby hasn’t scored a goal in his past 12 playoff games.
– Evgeni Makin has scored in just one of the Penguins seven playoff games.
- After combining for 16 points in the first round (2g, 14a), both Paul Martin and Matt Niskanen were held scoreless in Game 1.
– Chris Kunitz was pointless with a -3 in Game 1.
– Brooks Orpik skated yesterday for the first time since sustaining a lower body injury in Game 4 vs. Columbus, but did not practice with the team this morning and is doubtful for Game 2.
– The Penguins have the ninth best power play in the playoffs (18.2%) after leading the NHL with a 23.4% during the regular season.
– This is one of my all time favorite Rangers goals against the Penguins…
Game 1, Friday, May 2, 7:00 p.m. – Rangers 3, Penguins 2, OT
Game 2, Sunday, May 4, 7:30 p.m. – Rangers @ Penguins
Game 3, Monday, May 5, 7:30 p.m. – Rangers vs. Penguins
Game 4, Wednesday, May 7, 7:30 p.m. – Rangers vs. Penguins
Game 5, Friday, May 9, TBA – Rangers @ Penguins*
Game 6, Sunday, May 11, TBA – Rangers vs. Penguins*
Game 7, Tuesday, May 13, TBA – Rangers @ Penguins*
* = if necessary
The Pens Blog