The New York Rangers visit the Montreal Canadiens for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals at the Bell Centre starting at 1:00 p.m. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: NBC Radio: ESPN Radio (98.7 FM)
Live Stream (Don’t click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist – 8-6, 1.99 gaa, .931 sv%, 0 so
Carey Price – 8-3, 2.15 gaa, .926 sv%, 1 so
- Montreal has a 7-7 record vs. the Rangers in the playoffs.
- The Rangers are 1-7-2 in their last 10 visits to Montreal.
- In two games this season versus the Rangers, Carey Price stopped 74 of 75 shots.
- Max Pacioretty has four points (2g, 2a) in the last three games.
- After a six game point streak, PK Subban has just one point, a goal, in his last four games.
- Brendan Gallagher has three points (1g, 2a) in the last three games.
- Alex Galchenyuk, who has been out with a knee injury since April 9, was cleared for contact yesterday and could play in this series. The 20-year old had 13g, 18a in 65 games this season.
- After a five game point streak, Tomas Plekanec has just one point, an assist, in the last four games.
- The Canadiens are 10-for-38 on the power play in the playoffs and have killed off 20 of the 25 power play opportunities against.
- The last time these two team met in the playoffs was in 1996 when the Canadiens won the first two games at Madison Square Garden before the Rangers stormed back winning four straight including the clinching Game 6 in Montreal in which they scored four first period goals in route to a 5-3 victory…
Game 1, Saturday, May 17, 1:00 p.m. – Rangers @ Montreal
Game 2, Monday, May 19, 8:00 p.m. – Rangers @ Montreal
Game 3, Thursday, May 22, 8:00 p.m. – Rangers vs. Montreal
Game 4, Sunday, May 25, 8:00 p.m. – Rangers vs. Montreal
Game 5, Tuesday, May 27, 8:00 p.m. – Rangers @ Montreal *
Game 6, Thursday, May 29, 8:00 p.m. – Rangers vs. Montreal *
Game 7, Saturday, May 31, 8:00 p.m. – Rangers @ Montreal *
* = if necessary
Eyes on the Prize