The New York Rangers visit the Los Angeles Kings for Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final at the Staples Center starting at 7:00 p.m. The Kings lead the series 1-0. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: NBC Radio: ESPN Radio (98.7 FM)
Live Stream (Don’t click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist – 12-9, 2.07 gaa, .928 sv%, 1 so
Jonathan Quick – 13-9, 2.81 gaa, .907 sv%, 1 so
- The winner of Game 1 has gone on to win the Stanley Cup title 77% of the time since 1939.
- Anze Kopitar has just one goal in his last 15 games. He also won just 9 of 21 faceoffs in Game 1 after winning 54.4% in his first 21 postseason games.
- Jeff Carter has points in eight of his last nine games (6g, 8a).
- Marian Gaborik was pointless with a -1 in Game 1.
- Justin Williams has 13 points (4g, 9a) in the last 11 games.
- Drew Doughty has eight points (4g, 4a) in the last eight games.
- Jarret Stoll won just 50% of his faceoffs in Game 1 after winning 57% in his previous 21 postseason games.
- The Kings are 17-for-71 on the power play this postseason and have allowed 15 goals in 83 power play opportunities against.
- My thoughts & prayers go out to Tracy Morgan who is in critical condition after a car accident this morning in New Jersey. Here’s a great parody he did of the Rangers 24/7 series…
Game 1, Wednesday, June 4, 8pm – Rangers 2, Kings 3, OT
Game 2, Saturday, June 7, 7pm – Rangers @ Kings – NBC
Game 3, Monday, June 9, 8pm – Rangers vs. Kings – NBCSN
Game 4, Wednesday, June 11, 8pm – Rangers vs. Kings – NBCSN
Game 5, Friday, June 13, 8pm – Rangers @ Kings – NBC *
Game 6, Monday, June 16, 8pm – Rangers vs. Kings – NBC *
Game 7, Wednesday, June 18, 8pm – Rangers @ Kings – NBC *
* = if necessary
The Royal Half