The New York Rangers (45-31-5) visit the Montreal Canadiens (45-28-8) at the Bell Centre starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG Radio: ESPN Radio (98.7 FM)
Live Stream (Don’t click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Cam Talbot – 12-6-0, 1.67 gaa, .940 sv%, 4 so
Carey Price – 33-20-5, 2.36 gaa, .925 sv%, 5 so
- The Canadiens need at least point tonight in order to stay alive for the second seed in the Atlantic Division.
- Montreal have totaled two goals in going 0-1-1 in their last two contests.
- Alex Galchenyuk injured his right knee Wednesday night and will miss tonight’s game as well as the first round of the playoffs.
- The Canadiens are 10-1-1 in the last 12 meetings with the Rangers at the Bell Centre, and they’ve shut out New York five times in the past eight of those. However, the Rangers, behind Cam Talbot, shutout the Canadiens 1-0 the last time they were in Montreal on November 16th.
- Carey Price is 6-1-1 with a 1.33 goals-against average and four shutouts in nine career home games against the Rangers.
- Max Pacioretty is pointless in his last two games after scoring 11 points (8g, 3a) in his previous six.
- P.K. Subban is pointless in his last five games and goalless in his last 18.
- David Desharnais has eight points (3g, 5a) in his last eight games.
- Brendan Gallagher has just one goal in his last ten games.
-Brandon Prust has been out since March 18th with an upper body injury.
- Let’s get some good karma going with video of Talbot’s 1-0 shutout in Montreal from November…
2013-14 Season Series:
Oct. 28 Rangers 0, Canadiens 2 at MSG
Nov. 16 Rangers 1, Canadiens 0 at Montreal
April 12 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
Habs Eyes on the Prize