Update, 5:18 p.m.:
Rangers announce Rick Nash out tonight. Chris Kreider in for him.
— Andrew Gross (@AGrossRecord) February 19, 2013
No word on why Nash is out.
…does this mean I have to apologize for criticizing Rangers recent handling of Kreider.
The New York Rangers (8-5-1) host the Montreal Canadiens (10-4-1) at MSG starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG; Radio: ESPN Radio (FM 98.7), XM 212
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist – 7-5-0, 2.35 gaa, .917 sv%, 0 so.
Carey Price – 8-3-0, 2.06 gaa, .922 sv%, 1 so
– The Canadiens have won four straight.
– Montreal has outscored opponents 8-1 over their last three.
– Carey Price is 1-3-0 with a 3.95 GAA in his last four starts versus the Rangers.
– Tomas Plekanec has scored in two straight games and leads the Canadiens with 13 points (8g, 5a).
– Andrei Markov has gone five games without a point.
– Rene Bourque has three points (2g, 1a) in the last three games.
– Max Pacioretty has four points (1g, 3a) in the last two games.
– PK Subban has 3g, 3a in the nine games since re-signing with Montreal. He missed the first six games while holding out.
– Former Ranger Brandon Prust has 2g, 2a this season.
2013 Season Series:
Feb. 19 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSG
Feb. 23 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
March 30 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
Eyes on the Prize