The New York Rangers (3-6-0) host the Montreal Canadiens (6-5-0) at Madison Square Garden starting at 7:30 p.m. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG Radio: ESPN Radio (970AM)
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Del Zotto-J. Moore
Henrik Lundqvist – 2-4-0, 3.45 gaa, .890 sv%, 1 so
Peter Budaj – 1-0-0, 1.00 gaa, .964 sv%, 0 so
- The Montreal Canadiens will seek their 11th win in the last 14 meetings against the Rangers.
- The Canadiens swept last season's three matchups against the Rangers by a 9-1 margin.
- Montreal has lost three of their last four games overall.
- P.K. Subban has just one point (an assist) and is a -2 in the last four games. He leads the Canadiens with 11 points (2g, 9a).
- Tomas Plekanec has five points (2g, 3a) in the last three games.
- Lars Eller, who is tied with Plekanec for the team lead in goals with five, has gone six straight games without a goal.
- The Canadiens are tied for fourth in the league with 11 power play goals.
- In honor of the long, storied histories of both these teams, here's some great video of a game from 1960 in which the Canadiens defeated the Rangers 8-4. The more things change…
2013-14 Season Series:
Oct. 28 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSG
Nov. 16 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
April 12 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
Habs Eyes on the Prize