After an exciting hockey game wire to wire, it was the New York Rangers who come away with a 3-2 over the New Jersey Devils and grab two crucial points in the standings. For a full box score of the game, head over to Yahoo! Sports.
- After it seemed like end of the world following a poor road trip, the Rangers grab all four points of a back-to-back and thrust themselves right back into the playoff picture.
- This game was one of best Rangers/Devils games in quite some time. Very entertaining.
- Henrik Lundqvist deserves some major props for his performance, especially in that second period. The Devils were buzzing and Hank was able to shut the door on some excellent chances.
- Hurl any criticism you'd like at Michael Del Zotto: he is an important piece to this hockey club. A nifty shorthanded goal and an assist tonight. And he's still just 22 years old. Oh and he prevented a would-be tying goal late in the third with solid positioning next to the left goal post.
- Tonight was Carl Hagelin's first goal in 10 games. Secondary scoring will always, always be necessary.
- It wasn't in the third period, but Rick Nash scored the critical marker tonight. Broke a five-game goal drought, too.
- Derek Stepan is starting to become an offensive force shorthanded. It's a testament to how much his two-way game has developed. He and Ryan Callahan form a quality tandem a man down.
- For all of the positives, the negatives remain the same. Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik still aren't where they need to be. And watching Richards miss the net on nearly every scoring chance he gets is painful to watch.
- Dan Girardi should be suspended indefinitely for trying to take out his teammate.
- I want Chris Kreider to watch how JT Miller is playing at the NHL level. Sure, he's making mistakes. But the key is he's not AFRAID to make mistakes and still finds ways to make plays. He maintains his composure and exudes confidence in his abilities. Not too shabby for a 20 year old rookie.
- A suspect Panthers team will visit MSG Thursday night. Another attainable two points up for grabs.
Follow me on Twitter @TheWrage. E-mail me with any questions or comments at Jwrabel9@hotmail.com