UPDATE: Puck Daddy of Yahoo! Sports has an article this morning with a link to a report by Bucky Gleason of BuffaloNews.com confirming the Sabres are in fact the team…from August 4.
Los Angeles, Detroit, San Jose, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia also believed to be possible destinations. Buffalo reportedly has a standing four-year offer worth $30 million on the table for Doan, but indications point toward him remaining in the Western Conference. The Coyotes would be his first choice.
If you’re looking to spice things up in the NHL rumor mill, ESPN’s John Buccigross took to Twitter last night to drop some news on the now-stagnent Shane Doan free agency news.
Was told tongiht that Buffalo”s four year, 30 million dollar offer to Shane Doan is legit. Coyotes only want to go two years for now.
— John Buccigross (@Buccigross) August 22, 2012
- If you’re so inclined to believe this (Buccigross was also the same guy who said the Rangers nearly traded Marian Gaborik for Dan Boyle last month), it’s a curious move by Buffalo. I had a feeling they were the team as they have an owner, Terry Pegula, with a penchant for making a splash. But a 35-year-old winger on a team with enough wingers, with just $8 million in cap space and C Tyler Ennis still in need of a contract doesn’t make much sense.
- Thank god Sather has changed his free-agent ways.