The New York Rangers host the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden for Game 7 of their Eastern Conference Semifinals match-up starting at 7:30 p.m. The series is tied 3-3. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
TV: NBC Sports Network; Radio: ESPN Radio (98.7 FM), XM 92
Live Stream (Don’t click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist – 7-6, 1.73 gaa, .936 sv%, 1 so.
Braden Holtby – 7-6, 1.95 gaa, .935 sv%, 0 so
- In their history the Capitals are 3-7 all-time in Game 7’s and 1-1 on the road, including a Game 7 overtime victory in Boston in Round 1.
- Through six games, the seventh-seeded Capitals and the Rangers have alternated wins and losses, and have been tied or within one goal 90 percent of the time.
For more game notes click the “Read More” tab below.
– Braden Holtby’s fiancee gave birth to a baby boy on Thursday.
- Twelve of the Capitals’ 13 playoff games have been decided by one goal and six have been decided in overtime.
- The Capitals are 7-1 in the playoffs when scoring first and 6-3 when getting outshot by an opponent.
- Five of Jason Chimera’s seven playoff goals have come against the Rangers. Three of them have been game winners.
- Nicklas Backstrom has three points in the last three games of the series. He has collected 12 points (1 goal, 11 assists) in 18 career playoff games vs. the Rangers.
- Jay Beagle (leg injury) is day-to-day.
- Alex Ovechkin has scored in every even numbered game of the series and his been goalless in the odd numbered ones.
- Alexander Semin hasn’t scored in eight straight playoff games.
Rangers-Senators Series Schedule:
April 28 Rangers 3, Washington 1 at MSG
April 30 Rangers 2, Washington 3 at MSG
May 2 Rangers 2, Washington 1 3OT at Verizon Center
May 5 Rangers 2, Washington 3 at Verizon Center
May 7 Rangers 3, Washington 2 OT at MSG
May 9 Rangers 1, Washington 2 at Verizon Center
May 12 Rangers vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m.
Rock the Red