The New York Rangers (42-32-5, 89 pts., 8th in East) host the Boston Bruins (44-23-11, 99 pts., 3rd in East) at MSG tonight starting at 7:30 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
TV: Versus; Radio: 1050AM ESPN Radio, XM 204
Henrik Lundqvist – 34-26-5, 2.26 gaa, .924 sv%, 11 so.
Tim Thomas – 33-10-9, 1.98 gaa, .939 sv%, 9 so.
- The Bruins have already clinched the Northeast Division title and are four points behind Philadelphia and Washington for the top two seeds, with a game in hand on both of those teams.
- The Bruins are 5-1-1 in their last seven games.
- Boston has lost 11 of their last 14 at MSG.
- Milan Lucic, Boston’s leader with 30 goals, has just one goal in his last 12 games, but has nine assists in that span. He has one goal and three assists in 13 meetings with the Rangers.
- Rookie LW Brad Marchand has 2g, 3a in the last four games.
- Chris Kelly is pointless in the last 14 games, while Rich Peverley and Tyler Seguin have both gone eight games without a point.
- Shawn Thornton is doubtful after taking 40 stitches above the right eye from a skate Tuesday night.
2010-11 Season Series:
Oct. 23 Rangers 3, Bruins 2 at Boston
Nov. 17 Rangers 2, Bruins 3 at MSG
March 26 Rangers 1, Bruins 0 at Boston
April 4 Rangers vs. Bruins at MSG