The New York Rangers (16-12-1) visit the Ottawa Senators (12-15-2) at ScotiaBank Place tonight starting at 7:30 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo Sports.
TV: MSG; Radio: 1050AM ESPN Radio, XM208
Henrik Lundqvist – 11-10-1, 2.52 gaa, .918 sv%, 4 so.
Brian Elliot – 10-8-1, 2.81 gaa, .913 sv%, 3 so
- Ottawa has managed 17 goals during a 3-8-1 stretch, scoring one or none eight times in that span.
- The Senators have totaled five goals while going 1-3-1 in their last five contests. The one win was against the Rangers (3-0) on Sunday.
- Ottawa is 4 for 30 on the power play in the last 14 games.
- Daniel Alfredsson has gone 10 games without a goal and hasn’t recorded a point in his last eight.
- Ottawa has lost three-in-a-row at home. They have also lost three straight at home against the Rangers.
- Jason Spezza has one point in his last eight games.
- Sergei Gonchar has gone pointless in eight games.
- Nick Foligno has two goals in his last five games.
- Former Ranger Alex Kovalev (7g, 7a, -6) has been demoted to the fourth line.
2010-11 Season Series:
Dec. 5 Rangers 1, Senators 3 at MSG
Dec. 9 Rangers vs. Senators at Ottawa
March 4 Rangers vs. Senators at Ottawa
March 24 Rangers vs. Senators at MSG
…don’t forget to talk it up in the open thread in the comments section.