The New York Rangers (21-14-2) visit the New Jersey Devils (9-24-2) at the Prudential Center tonight starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG; Radio: 1050AM ESPN Radio, XM205
Henrik Lundqvist – 15-12-2, 2.52 gaa, .918 sv%, 5 so.
Martin Brodeur – 5-17-1, 3.08 gaa, .884 sv%, 3 so
- The Devils have lost five in a row scoring just one goal in each of the loses.
- Martin Brodeur has started every game during the five game slide, compiling a 4.89 GAA while being chased twice.
- This is Jacques Lemaire’s third term as coach of the Devils after taking over for the fired John McLean last week.
- New Jersey has scored one or none in 20 of their 35 games and two goals or fewer 27 times. They are averaging 1.74 goals per game.
- Ilya Kovalchuk (8g, 10a) is a -26 this season.
- Patrik Elias has one or two points in eight of the last 11 games
- Jamie Langenbrunner hasn’t scored a goal in the 11 games since his return from a neck injury. RW David Clarkson has no points in the last 11 games, no goals in 13. C Jason Arnott has no points in the last eight games, no goals in 10. C Dainius Zubrus has no points in the last five games, no goals in seven.
- Zach Parise (knee surgery) can’t skate until March, and he could be gone for the year.
- Brian Rolston was waived and assigned to the Devils AHL affiliate in Albany yesterday.
2010-11 Season Series:
Oct. 24 Rangers 3, Devils 1 at MSG
Nov. 5 Rangers 3, Devils 0 at New Jersey
Dec. 29 Rangers vs. Devils at New Jersey
Feb. 3 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Feb. 18 Rangers vs. Devils at New Jersey
April 9 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Running with the Devils